The Clean Energy Council is inviting the solar industry’s brightest sparks to submit entries for its Solar Design and Installation Awards, which shine a light each year on the many outstanding professionals working in the sector.
Clean Energy Council Accreditation Manager Sandy Atkins said entries are now open, and the winners will be announced at the ATRAA Dinner as part of All-Energy Australia in partnership with the Clean Energy Council in early October.
“Every day solar installers across the country face a broad range of challenges. The Solar Design and Installation Awards highlight innovative solutions to some of the most technically challenging jobs out there. It is always inspiring to see the high standard of work offered by all finalists,” Mr Atkins said.
“Last year’s winners varied from a solar-powered avocado farm to Australia’s first off-grid crematorium and a manufacturer where the installers spelled out the name of the business across the roof using solar panels. They were all exceptional in different ways, and I hope the standard of entries in 2016 will be even better.”
The Clean Energy Council Solar Design and Installation Awards recognise excellence in the design and installation of solar projects across a range of categories:
- Grid-connect solar PV power system design and installation – under 15 kW
- Grid-connect solar PV power system design and installation – 15 kW to 100 kW
- Grid-connect solar PV power system design and installation – over 100 kW
- Grid-connect solar PV power system design and installation – battery back-up
- Stand-alone solar PV power system design and installation
Entries are open from now until Wednesday 31 August. Nomination forms and more information are available from the Clean Energy Council’s Solar Accreditation website.