Founded in China in 2006, Akcome Group is a solar manufacturer integrating design, production, sales and service of PV modules and mounting systems. The company operates in more than 30 countries and employs more than 6000 employees.
In 2014, Akcome registered in Queensland and has since serviced the Australian market, focusing on solar power plant construction, project management, and operations and maintenance. The company also distributes the Akcome Tier-1 PV module and mounting system Australia wide.
A hallmark of Akcome’s offerings is its power purchase agreement (PPA), where the company arranges the design, regulatory approvals, finance and installation of a solar energy system on a client’s property, usually with no investment by the client.
As part of this financial agreement, Akcome provides power generated to the host client at a fixed rate, typically lower than power purchased from the electricity grid.
For sites wanting to enter a PPA with Akcome, the process involves these simple steps:
- Akcome provides a solar consultation that includes a site survey and viability analysis.
- Client signs the PPA.
- Akcome designs, installs and connects solar system to utility grid at no upfront cost to the client.
- Site owner pays for the power they consume, which is around 25 per cent less than charged by the power company supplying off the grid.
- Akcome monitors and maintains the system.
- After 15 or 20 years, client can sign a new agreement or the system is removed at no cost.
For more information, visit akcome.com.au.